Magento vs. Opencart: What will You Prefer?
When it comes to e-commerce website development, most users today prefer Magento. It has become a widely-used open-source content management system. But, most retailers planning to build an online store get confused between OpenCart and Magento development. Both of these two platforms are powerful and popular. Both come with their own strengths and limitations that make it hard to choose the one.
In this article, we will compare two major rivals in the eCommerce market, Magento Vs. Opencart. We will also highlight their features to help you pick the right option that matched your specifications:
It is known as the professional e-commerce solution help you create and manage an amazingly designed online store. Comes with an easy-to-manage admin interface, Magento consists of several features such as built-in SEO extensions, and integrated inventory management.
Some of the Magento’s key features are listed below:
- Open-source content management system
- A reliable community of developers
- Comes with a Library that consists of hundreds of extensions
- Compatible with third-party applications.
- Built-in SEO features.
- Several order management tools like rewards wish lists and gift registries.
- Check Out process can be customized
- Offers high scalability
Though Magento is not the easiest CMS out there and you don’t need to be an expert developer to use it. But, if you want to avail all the benefits associated with this, you will need to sort through its documentation. Besides, Magento offers comprehensive Resources Library with a large number of video tutorials. Magento eCommerce development is recommended to those who are looking forward to building a highly-professional e-store. With an advanced set of features, you can customize your site according to your needs. Nevertheless, learning to use Magento at a professional level could take a significant amount of time. At some point, you may need to hire Magento developer.
OpenCart is also an open-source content management system which is used to create e-commerce websites. It also provides a large number of free & premium themes, OpenCart comes with several extensions that allow you to add advanced functionalities to your store. Planned with ease-of-use in mind, you can quickly build an online store and customize its look. Most users love its dashboard that allows you to see a complete overview of your website’ sales and analytics with ease.
Some of its key features are listed below:
- An open-source CMS with consistently ongoing development
- Provides a wide range of themes and extensions
- It is easy to tracks the most important metrics of the website
- Supports over 20 payment methods with ease
- Easy to manage multiple stores with a single dashboard
- Manage multiple stores from a single dashboard
- Easy to manage backups
OpenCart is an ideal choice for the users looking for the easiest solution. It’s also the best option for those who are looking forward to managing multiple stores with a single dashboard.