Checklist on How to Choose an SEO Company
Are you looking to get answers on how to choose an SEO Company to optimize your website? If yes, let me warn you, be careful of all the traps that are ahead of you.
Do not get in the flow of guarantees and promises of instant top rankings in search engine result pages within weeks or days. These SEO agencies might play with you thoughtfully and dig a hole in your pockets for nothing.
That’s said perfectly, SEO plays a vital role in driving organic traffic, leads, and sales to your website. And for that, you need to choose the best SEO Company that they help you prepare a better strategy for long-term results.
Whether you run a small, medium, or large business or run a different business niche, SEO is one effective part of digital marketing that can help you promote your business effectively.
If you’re one of the proud business owners in the digital world, then you would be well aware of the basic principles of SEO. And you might be doing it without choosing an SEO agency to streamline the process.
But, you might require an expert to leverage it to the next level. If you don’t take that decision, organic growth can get affected. That’s the time when your competitors start to beat you and steal your hard-earned lead and customers.
Far worse than this? Imagine your business experiencing a loss in revenue of 70% when earlier it was jaw-dropping recurring revenue from the same platform. Did it hurt you from the core? Obviously, it would!
So, how to choose an SEO Company that you can trust? What all characteristics and key factors do you need to look at? That’s what we’re going to discuss in the blog below.
Let’s begin with the checklist on choosing the right SEO Company to get desired traffic, leads, and sales for your business website.
Checklist: How to choose the right SEO Company?
Choosing an SEO Company could be a tedious task for many business owners with an online presence. Now, as the number of digital marketing company is increasing, it made choosing the best one more challenging. One of the tough tasks that occur on the way is identifying the companies that have extensive experience and knowledge from those companies that keep fluttering around.
Below are some tips on how to pick a good SEO Company that can help your business website create a remarkable impression in the digital world.
- Have a clear goal in mind: You don’t have to become a pro in SEO, it’s the agency’s task! All you need to do is to know what your goal is and you’re outsourcing your SEO. If you’re planning to include SEO in your marketing strategies
If you want to include SEO in your internet marketing activities then it might be because you want to achieve one or more of the following:
- Increase organic traffic
- Enhance lead generation
- Boost in-store sales
- Improve branding
- Increase engagement rate
- The plan targeted marketing strategy
- Reputation management
- Enhance customer service
The above-mentioned are just some goals that you can achieve with the help of SEO. Before you partner with any digital marketing company, you need to make sure why you need their services. Plan out your long-term vision and long-term effect accordingly.
- Check all Prospective SEO Companies & Compare Them: Before you partner with any SEO agency, get to know what’s going on in the market. If not in detail, just go through the basic level. If you conduct proper research, you’ll be able to know the market well and what services can benefit your business.
Researching the market will also serve you with the opportunity to know what more you can do to beat the competitors from being ranked low on the search engine result pages.
Your main goal should be to analyze the primary factors that might affect your business positively. It will ensure that you’re going to make an informed decision based on picking SEO services for achieving desired results.
- Check Their Past Experience: An agency’s experience matters because it’s proof of who they are and what they offer. It enables you to know where they are from, what their service quality is like, what services they deliver, and how they treat their customers. Hence, it will give you a glimpse of their trustworthiness.
Moreover, if you want to gain deep insights into the digital marketing company that you’re going to choose, you can go through their website and read their testimonials. You are going to hand over your company details to them, thus, asking for proof is crucial.
Getting to know what they did as a company in the past can greatly help you to answer how to choose an SEO Agency for your website. Additionally, it will give you peace of mind that the company you’re going to choose can get you the best possible results.
- Check Reviews & References: If the chosen SEO agency has your stamp of approval by going through their website and testimonials, it is time that you check their client reviews. You can get this either on their website or on the listings.
You can gain deeper insights about the agency based on what their previous clients are raving about them. Get to know what industry the client was in, was the agency able to get them results, and how the process went till the end. It is crucial that you go through their reviews and references because SEO differs from one industry to the other. For instance, the SEO strategy followed by a dentist is not as same as for accountants. So, there’s a difference, and you must know it!
- Check Their Level of Competency: Choosing an SEO Agency can work wonders for any business in the digital world. However, you must ensure that you partner with an SEO agency that is updated with the latest trends.
Best results will be achieved when you partner with a company that gives you complete control over their prepared strategies. It will help you gain an edge in the industry with proper knowledge and a better vision than the one that you crafted in your mind.
- Ensure they Adhere to Best SEO Practices: Doesn’t matter how trained or experienced an SEO professional is, if he doesn’t stick to the guidelines laid down by the search engines, your business website will more likely to experience a downfall.
Keep in mind that you never get attracted to the SEO agencies that guarantee you quick traffic to your website. Chances are that they might be using black hat SEO techniques to generate traffic to your website.
It will eventually lead to your website getting penalized by the search engines. Hence, you need to be extra careful that you choose the best SEO agency that sticks to the best SEO practices instead of opting out for shortcuts.
- Request for the SEO Proposal: The last step would be to request the finalized digital marketing company with an SEO proposal. Keep in mind that you meet with them, clear out your doubts, take a look at their portfolio, and see what they offer you.
In the initial stages, they will draft a proposal that comprises the details of the SEO campaign. It will help you understand your website’s long-term scope and will have a clear crystal idea of its details. It is beneficial since you’ll have a glimpse of many necessary things that you might be ignoring earlier.