Microsoft 365 is one of the newest products to come out as part of Microsoft’s Cloud proposal. The unique problem is a lot of people think about Microsoft 365 and get it confused with Microsoft Office 365. A lot of people think that it’s the same thing.
Office 365 is part of what is allowed in Microsoft 365. The new product is a bundle of services that combines Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security (EM+S).
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based collaboration platform with Office applications and other services that users can subscribe to based on their requirements. Also, access emails, contacts, calendars, and other office apps like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote over the internet.
Furthermore, it also gives apps such as OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams which help people to work and collaborate on records remotely, while staying in contact via messaging and video conferencing.
Why do businesses use Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 also comes with email hosting and cloud storage space, so users can save their documents to the cloud and access them wherever and whenever they require to, with safe access to content, conversations, tasks, and schedules from any tool.
Productivity tools support employees share knowledge, communicate better and effectively achieve more in a shorter time frame, and this is where Microsoft 365 gets seriously smart.
All the apps and services in Microsoft 365 are connected, enabling improved teamwork, and enabling employees to work better and faster together, through devices such as team chat, group emails, online meetings, as well as the co-authoring and sharing of records.
Increased collaboration and interaction are essential components of productivity, and Microsoft 365 is proven to significantly reduce time spent on administrative tasks – for management, users, and IT.
Microsoft 365 includes:
- Business Services
- Cloud Storage
- 1 TB OneDrive
- Office Apps
- Business Apps
- Additional Benefits
- 1Year Domain
- Advanced Security
- Phone and Web Support
Microsoft 365 plans
Below are the Microsoft 365 plans offers:
- Microsoft 365 Personal: This plan covers just one person and offers 1 TB of storage.
- Microsoft 365 family: This plan can be shared with up to six people, offers 1 TB of storage per person, and includes additional safety features in the mobile app.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic: This plan includes Microsoft Teams, secure cloud storage, and the web and mobile versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (desktop versions not included).
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard: This plan involves Microsoft Teams, secure cloud storage, business email, and premium Office applications across all devices.
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium: This plan covers all Standard characteristics, as well as advanced cyberthreat protection and device management.
Microsoft 365 Features
Here are some of the most interesting new features:
- Check Your Writing with Microsoft Editor: Microsoft Editor will help you develop your writing’s grammar and style. This is Microsoft’s answer to Grammarly—a powerful writing device that works anywhere on the web. It’s an “AI-powered service” that manages in more than 20 languages. It operates in Word and Outlook.com, but you can install the Microsoft Editor extension for Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to take good of it on any website. It even helps to insert citations to records in Microsoft Word.
- Download Transactions from Banks in Excel: Microsoft announced, “Money in Excel,” which will let you connect to bank and credit card accounts quickly from Excel. You can download transaction details and import them into a budget or other financial spreadsheet just as if you were using a device like Mint. It uses Plaid, a popular network various personal finance tools now use for connecting to accounts.
- Talk With Family and Friends with Microsoft Teams:Microsoft Teams is Microsoft’s answer to Slack. Both were primarily intended for workplaces. Now, Microsoft is adding new characteristics to Teams for your personal life. You can build Teams groups for your friends and families to plan trips, organize gatherings, or just stay connected to the people you care about. Teams have built-in features like group chats, video calls, shared to-do lists, and calendars to obtain it all happen.
- Protect Your Family with Microsoft Family Safety: “Microsoft Family Safety” is a unique app for iPhone and Android. It will support you manage your family’s screen time across Windows 10, Android, and Xbox. It also covers location-sharing notifications, so you can see where your family members are on a map and receive notifications when they arrive at and leave work or school.