In our daily life we are seeing all things is highly becomes confined to digital assets. Yes or No. The answer for this is Yes only. Few decades we had seen that smartphones had become highly used. However, this is all based and communication via texting, calling, giving entertainment, and offering utilities in the form of applications. All the decision is highly taken place over the internet or mobile apps.
First, it should be known that there are two ways of developing mobile applications.
1. Native app development
2. Cross-platform app development.
But selecting one from this is a little difficult task and native or cross-platform development is one of the most important decisions in any mobile app project. For this, all we have explaining the Native vs. cross-platform one is best to use.
Mobile app development continuously evolves with new technologies and frameworks emerging every year. With various solutions on the market, it’s often difficult to choose between them. The blog here compares the popular platforms Cross-platform and native platforms based on their all popularity, features, benefits, experience, use, and more to help you find which one is the best one. So not to wait, for let’s begin with its meaning, benefits, etc.
What is native app development?
Native app development is an application that simplifies expressed iOS and Android app development. The app development is built with various programming languages and highly specific tools for a single platform. However, native app development can be developed for android apps like Java or Kotlin and select an objective-c for iOS apps.
Developers work with operating system-specific coding languages. Examples Objective -C or swift is a highly preferred language for iOS app development, but Java is highly used for Native Android apps.
There are various well-known examples of native app development that includes
- Google maps
What is Cross-platform app development?
Cross platform app development points to the process of creating an app that works on different platforms. Anyone can create a cross-platform mobile app from a single codebase. Using various tools like React Native, Xamarin and flutter where the apps created can be deployed on both Android and iOS. The goal of cross-platform app development is to target various operating systems with one project. This method creates a mobile app that can be used on multiple platforms in contrast to the previous process, which required developers to use a specific set of technologies for each OS.
This cross-platform app development framework uses specific platform SDKs (Android SDKs and iOS SDKs) from a unified API. Cross-platform apps are usually compiled to use native UI elements that make the app feel native.
There are various well-known examples of cross-platform app development that includes
- Instagram (React Native)
- Skype (React Native)
- Walmart (React Native)
- Google Ads(Flutter)
- Fox sports( Xamarin)
Advantages of Native app development?
The most advantages of native app development include the following.
- Best performance: – Native app offers with the best performance in terms of speed responsiveness and operational efficiency. These platform-specific apps are programming using core programming languages and APIs. However, they are able to leverage the device’s programming speed to its full potential. Only specific programming languages and architecture can run and compile it. The app’s processing, loading, and runtime are faster on the device.
- Security:- Native apps are more reliable and good in terms of security. Have in-built security tools that facilitate implementing data encryption, fraud detection and other security. However, the native app development for business areas that deal with customers private and sensitive information. It includes ecommerce, financial institution, blockchain and healthcare.
- Ultimate UI/UX:- Software is nothing without offering a simple enjoyable Ui/ux. There are some specific rules for ios and Andriod that can be highly found you in generating a user-friendly interface. UI/UX implementation improves the application performance that also increase users enjoyment of the software.
- No third-party library restrictions:- First if you thinking to build app with complex, non-standard functionality, it should definitely be a native app. Cross platform app development involves various architectural structure of operating system and hence offer a compromised solution that is really not the ideal choice. However, it is not difficult to access third-party libraries while building an native app.
- Easy update:- Quality app must need a simple way to get updates from time to time. In this regard the winner between a native app vs. cross platform app is the prior one. However, you can easily update native apps over time, and incorporate new other features like AI, Lot and more
Advantages of Cross-platform app development
- Code reusability: Cross-platform app development has a nice ability to create one codebase between iOS and Android apps for developers. It can be said that any developers have to write once and run anywhere means using a code base for each operating system leading is a faster and simpler development process.
- Higher audience reach: Cross-platform apps are quite versatile and highly available in the market. Hence, it permits your business to reach a broader audience and new markets. Anyone can earn profit from your app in various ways. However, a larger audience with a cross-platform application that will ultimately increase brand engagement, solidify your market position, and highly increase your revenue.
- Hassle-free maintenance: You won’t have to worry about bad results because you won;’t use more than one codebase. Because the cross platform app development are much simpler to test, fix and update across all platforms. However, you can develop a mobile app of excellent quality with an great accuracy.
- Cost effective: Cross platform app development is less expensive than developing apps for iOS and Android. Howeve you have only one development team instead of atleae two. In addition, developers who want to use tools that can build both web and mobile apps can significant amount code and other assets for both web and mobile. For example, React native is an such tool the development process could be shortened as a result lowering development costs.
- Quick development: Cross platform allows enables developers to reuse 60-70% of the original codebase. Significant amount of development time is saved by reusing codes instead of writing them.
- Easy app support and maintenance : We are looking near us that how frequently mobile apps, maintenance cost and time may suck up of your resources. Maintenance and support become more simple and hassle free with native app vs cross-platform. However, due to the single code, the expert team may fastly roll out updates with new features or patches for various platforms that resulting in much improved mobile services.
Native vs. Cross-platform App Development. Which is best?
Now its time to know what to expect from both app development. Here is an short description of native vs. cross platform app decision. Both approaches have advantages. The goals you want to achieve should guide your selection of the mobile app development model. Compared and contrasted the most important aspect of native vs cross platform app development to help you decide which is best for 2023.
In short Native app development has a lots advantage
- Development cost
- Code reusabilty between iOS and Android
- Faster use in the market
- Less work and expenses when maintaining an app
- Navigation across various platform
Cross-platform app development
- Security application
- Speed and performance of application
- Faster and easier deployment with new features
- Configuration features of UI/UX
- Advantages of mobile phone hardware like camera
- Building more responsive application